Tuesday 2 March 2010

Week 3:2/3/2010 Tutorial With Amy

Tutorial with Amy frankly left me a bit confused today! My concept was a bit too broad therefore I was given a few ideas to link my idea to something more managable within the 3 week period I have left.

Some ideas given were:
-Looking at specific cultures on a specific level like for example taking a little town within a country and studying their culture seeing how they dress, act, present themselves, go about daily life etc in order to build up a profile on their lifestyle and then perhaps creating the garments from their materials and in their country to produce for the western world.

-Taking someones family tree and exploring into it. Their culture and lifestyle in which is different to others.

For me to produce a garment that is successful in an ethical sense I personally think it needs:

+Different styles you'd communicate with culture and lifestyle
+Quality and texture
+Shape of the garment that reflects on its meaning
+The emotional attatchment to the consumer and even perhaps myself in the producing aspect of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment