Tuesday 2 March 2010

La Mujer Sin Cabeza:(The Headless Woman)


After the tutorial where Amy was talking about perhaps going to view a film for inspiration wether it be the visuals, the feeling it portrayed etc, I decided to go to The Corner House on Manchester Oxford road to watch a film. I randomly picked one as I wanted to choose a film I had no idea about to make me really think. I ended up watching a Argentinian film and the language they were speaking was Spanish.


From what I gathered myself I think it was about a woman 'Vero' who ran over something or what she thinks was a person but we never find out, and becomes disorientated and detatches herself off to the world. Throughout the film she is in a daze and doesnt really speak much. There's refrence of the woman who plays her sister who mentions in the film that the entire family are insane and they all die that way. The way in which the woman acts in the film is that of a crazed woman who's been tipped over the edge.
The fact that Vero is a very upper-middle class woman adds to the plot in the sense that if it was this child we saw at the start then it shows that the class of people can have an impact on what happens. The film erases any memory of her even being at the scene. It most certainly leaves you wondering.

The one thing that really interested me in it was the way in which they brought out a statue of the Virgin Mary in order to pray. The fact that theres a refrence to this could be a symbolism of many things such as innocence, the after life, heaven, they mention theres dirt on the statue which could also refrence that she's done something bad but we never know.

Overall there were a lot of ideas and emotions that came out of this film and it's one to really make you think and discuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment